I turned 30 this year and promised myself that this will be the year for THRIVING.. So whilst doing past life regression meditations recently I had these profound memories of whom I was during my 20’s. I would like to share with you a few things that I was fortunate enough to experience and learn during these years..
1. Be your own AWESOME self! I learned that there was no one exactly like me, I had my own mind of reality, and my own dreams, even my own unique sneeze. (And if you know me, you’ll know my sneeze is ridiculously funny) Yes it’s awesome to have mentors and people who we admire, but embrace your own uniqueness that’s what makes you special.
2. Everything CHANGES nothing is PERMANENT embrace it! Traveling from a young age really helped me to embrace change; The only permanent thing is death. When you are open to change you allow yourself to experience supreme joy and new experiences.
3. I can ALWAYS choose HOW I react and to what? This was a biggy, looking back now on how I reacted to people, situations and challenges was completely different from where I’m in my journey now. This is ongoing and I keep working on these triggers and old patterns; I strive to filter my thoughts before I speak or respond.
4. LET GO and LET GOD. This phrase is so much part of my life that I got it tattooed on my left arm to keep reminding me of this lesson. With this I realized I don’t have to know how everything will work out, there is no need for me to control everything this is God’s work and not mine. There is so much freedom and liberation that came with this awakening!
5. I LOVE unconditionally. For me this is caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what we might get for ourselves. When we become love it comes right back to us. Love without any limitation and without any conditions, the universe is God’s love for us, feel the magic!
6. JUDGEMENT. Its seen so “normal” in this life we live! We have TV shows encouraging this judgment to label, to define and call something either right or wrong, but I found that judgment creates separation, the need to be isolated and this is the ego’s form of defense. Judging people shuts off the flow of spirit!
7. GRATTITUDE and JOY. An attitude of gratitude brings joy and bliss! Laugh as much as you can!
8. Being AUTHENTIC. Expressing myself authentically, and speaking my truth helped me to get in tune with my true self! Not worrying about what people may think, or their opinions about what I say… This empowered me to eliminate superficial conversations energy sucking people!
9. The money in your bank account, nor the weight on your body DEFINES who you are? There was a time when I chased money thinking it would make me happy, the truth is that money cant buy happiness, only things and once you detach yourself from wanting so many ‘things’ you detach from the thought pattern of wanting so much money! This body we carry on earth is just a vessel, once I became more conscious about what I put into my body all the shifts happened!
10. FOLLOW YOUR BLISS, do what makes you come alive! I’ve done so many different things, worked so many different jobs and travelled to different places, but who I am when I’m not the story? I am bliss, by being still and present in the moment I found my true self, joyful and content!
These are just a few lessons there are so many more little awakenings, and I would love to hear about yours! Share the love people! Here is one of my favorite quotes form the beautiful light worker Marianne!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Marianne Williamson
So much love & light